Here is a quick update from your Whalley Range Labour team of Cllr Aftab Razaq, Cllr Angeliki Stogia, Cllr Mary Watson and Assia Shah.
We hope you and your families are managing to stay in good health in this very difficult and challenging time.
As the pandemic unfolds and government policy starts to move from lockdown into another phase, many of you have concerns and questions about health, jobs, housing, education and benefits, and worries for the future. Unfotunately we still can’t hold face-to-face advice sessions but you can contact us by phone or email (see here for details). We will try and respond as quickly as we can. Below is a short list of useful phone numbers and some links to sources of information and help.
The City Council will continue to do all it can to manage the impact of coronavirus on Manchester, and plan ahead for future recovery from this crisis.
Please stay safe
- Are you self-isolating, high risk or medically vulnerable and need help? Call Manchester Community Response hub on 0800 234 6123
- The Manchester City Council website has a wide range of helpful links and contact information
- Are you concerned about returning to work or your employment rights and working conditions? Now is the time to join a trade union
- Citizens Advice Manchester can help with many problems. You can call them on 0344 411 1222
- Are you looking for a neighbourhood support group which covers your street? Try Whalley Range COVID-19 Mutual Support Facebook group
- Do you (or someone you know) have concerns about domestic abuse or violence? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (24hr): 0808 2000 247
- You can always find the latest Government advice here